Sri Vinayaka Education Trust® is in the process of establishing other Medical & Para-Medical courses
Master of Nursing
National Health Policy has given importance to prepare nurses to work in super-specialty areas who are required in tertiary care institutions, entrusting some limited public health functions to nurses after providing widen training, and increase the ratio of degree holding visa diploma holding nurses.
It is important to support nursing training, teaching and assessment to support employability and graduate attributes.
Indian Nursing Council believes that:
Postgraduate programme in nursing is must needed to prepare nurses to improve the quality of nursing course in India.
M.Sc. in nursing builds upon and extends competence acquired at the graduate levels, emphasizes utilization of applicable concepts into nursing practice, education, administration and development of research skills.
This course prepares nurses for leadership position in nursing and health fields who can function as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators and researchers in a wide variety of professional settings in meeting the National priorities and the changing needs of the society.
M.Sc in nursing course provides the basis for the widen knowledge in nursing. Further the course encourages responsibility and commitment to life long learning which fosters improvement of quality care.
The aim of the M.Sc in nursing is to prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as nurse, specialists, consultants, educators, administrators in a wide assortment of professional settings
On Completion of the two year M.Sc Nursing course, the graduate will be able to:-
1.Utilize the concepts, theories and principles of nursing training
2.Exhibit progressive competence in practice of nursing
3.Practice as a nurse specialist
4.Establish leadership qualities and function effectively as nurse educator and manager
5.Demonstrate skill in managing nursing research, interpreting and applying the findings from health related research
6.Determine the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
7.Expose collective relationship with members of other disciplines
8.Prove their interest in continued learning for personal and Professional advancement.
Duration 2 YEAR
Duration of the course is 2 years for M.Sc. (N)
Available 52 weeks
Vacation 4 weeks
Examination 2 weeks
Gazetted holidays 3 weeks
Total weeks available 43 weeks
40 hours per week 1720 hours
Total hours for 2 years 3440 hours
ELIGIBILITY: GPass in B.Sc Nursing Basic
1. The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
2. The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with
3. The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
4. Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
5. Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
6. Candidate shall be medically fit.
7. 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.